Microneedling is an advanced med spa procedure which helps rejuvenate and renew skin in a natural way. In comparison to other skin resurfacing techniques, microneedling provides a milder and more natural way to achieve youthful, brighter skin.
It enhances the skin’s inherent ability to produce collagen and elastin. New collagen fibers help the skin heal and rejuvenate from within.
Microneedling can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots, acne scars, and other skin aberrations in a safe and effective manner. It also increases the penetration of topical skin rejuvenation products to offer the patient dazzling and more youthful skin.
Rejuvenate Medical Spa, led by the prudent Dr. Bijan Farah, provides microneedling to patients in Encino, Sherman Oaks, San Fernando, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding locations.
People with the following characteristics may be ideal candidates for microneedling med spa treatment:
- Individuals seeking non-ablative and laser free treatments for skin resurfacing
- Persons with multiple skin concerns such as uneven skin tone, acne scars, and enlarged pores simultaneously
- Persons seeking to improve the appearance of aging signs via a procedure that does not involve injections
- Individuals with darker skin tones making laser treatments less suitable for them
- Persons with a preference for procedures that prompt skin improvement from within rather than superficial treatments
- Microneedling is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). It is an FDA-approved treatment for mitigating signs of aging and other skin conditions.
- This procedure prompts skin renewal and rejuvenation from within offering the patient thicker skin while reducing the appearance of stretch marks, acne scars, and wrinkles.
- The procedure does not involve injections, incisions or downtime.
- Microneedling is mostly performed for facial skin rejuvenation. However, it can be effectively performed on any part of the body.
- This procedure is safe for almost all skin tones and types.
Targeted Sites for Microneedling
Microneedling typically targets the following conditions on facial skin:
- Acne scars
- Sun spots (also known as “age spots”)
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Enlarged pores
- Other types of scars
- Skin elasticity loss
- Irregular skin tone
Microneedling is also used to address stretch marks in various areas of the body in addition to treating facial skin issues.
According to one study, microneedling successfully reduced the appearance of stretch marks on the abdomen and thighs when used in combination with dermal fillers. Microneedling can also treat scarring on other areas of the body. But this treatment is usually administered on facial skin.
Microneedling is a quick procedure that does not involve any downtime. The patient experiences minimal discomfort during the microneedling procedure. The skin will look reddish or feel taut, warm, and rough in the initial three to seven days after the procedure.
The microneedling provider will typically use a topical hydrating agent on the skin around one hour before the session to make sure that the patient remains comfortable during the treatment. The reliable Rejuvenate Medical Spa receives patients from Encino, Sherman Oaks, San Fernando, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Los Angeles, CA, and other suburbs and neighborhoods in this area of the southwest for microneedling.
See all Medical Spa Non-Surgical Procedures Dr. Bijan Farah performs on patients in Los Angeles, Encino, Sherman Oaks, San Fernando, Calabasas, Tazana, Woodland Hills, CA, and surrounding communities. Schedule a consultation now.