Restylane® is a powerful dermal filler that can be strategically injected to correct moderate to severe facial lines and to replenish depleted facial volume, thereby restoring a more youthfully smooth, refreshed facial appearance. The active ingredient in Restylane® is a biocompatible preparation of hyaluronic acid, a crucial biological component responsible for delivering key nutrients from the bloodstream to the skin cells, and for transporting water to the skin’s surface, providing essential hydration and vitamins to keep the skin looking supple and smooth.
Schedule a Consultation! Ready to get Started?
A popular non-invasive skin treatment, Restylane® can be utilized to rejuvenate the appearance of the following facial areas:
- Under eye hollows and dark circles: Restylane® is optimally suited to treat and correct dark circles and hollows under the eyes, and is often preferred over other dermal fillers for under eye treatments because it can easily be molded to the desired shape and adjusted if there are any lumps or bumps following the procedure. Additionally, the viscosity or relative “thickness” of the Restylane® gel makes it easier to work with when treating the delicate under eye area
- Oral commissures: lines around the corners of the mouth
- Nasolabial folds (“laugh lines”): lines extending from the nose down to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines—lines extending vertically down from the corners of the mouth to the jawline
- Lips: as the first FDA-approved product for lip enhancement, Restylane® can be used to add volume to the lips, to address vertical lip lines, or to enhance the proportions/shape of the lips
When improperly administered, dermal fillers may trigger a number of aesthetically undesirable complications, which is why it is imperative to have your Restylane® injections performed by a practitioner with the necessary experience and clinical skill set. At Rejuvenate Medical Spa, located in Encino, California, all treatments are overseen by our highly esteemed and Board Certified Medical Director, Dr. Bijan Farah, and Larissa Markevich, a respected Nurse Practitioner with over 9 years of experience performing Aesthetic Medicine services. Larissa and Dr. Farah have helped countless patients reduce the appearance of wrinkles and/or restore depleted facial volume with meticulously administered Restylane® injections, and take pride in being able to turn back the hands of time without the need for invasive surgical measures.
RESTYLANE® PROCEDURAL DETAILS
Restylane® does not require pre-treatment allergy testing, and can safely be administered in the Rejuvenate Medical Spa office. Your Restylane® filler treatment should be completed in less than one hour, after which you may immediately return to your normal daily activities. Shortly after treatment, you may notice some temporary swelling, redness, bruising, and tenderness at the injection sites—these symptoms are typically very mild, can be alleviated with cold compresses, and will subside within a few days. The skin-rejuvenating effects of your Restylane® injections will be noticeable immediately after your first treatment session and will last for approximately six months; however, these results can be significantly extended with properly scheduled maintenance injections (typically spaced at 4-6 month intervals).
Patients who are concerned with potential discomfort during their dermal filler session may select Restylane -L®, a formulation that includes a numbing agent (lidocaine) to minimize pain during and after treatment. Ancillary cosmetic skin treatments (i.e. Botox®, laser treatments, chemical peels) can be performed together with your Restylane® injections to maximize and extend your results.
CONTACT REJUVENATE MEDICAL SPA
The medical team at Rejuvenate Medical Spa understands that every person is an individual, with unique cosmetic concerns and aesthetic objectives. Our goal is to ensure that each treatment plan produces safe and successful treatment outcomes, which is why all of our procedures are custom-tailored to fulfill the specific needs of each patient, while enhancing their natural beauty.
If you are interested in learning more about Restylane®, or would like to explore whether dermal fillers can help to erase the effects of aging and restore youthful beauty to your face, please contact Rejuvenate Medical Spa today to schedule your initial consultation. We look forward to speaking with you, and to working with you throughout your journey of self-transformation!