Laser Nail Fungus TreatmentNail fungus, medically referred to as onychomycosis or tinea unguium, is a common condition that often initially presents as a white or yellow spot under the tip of one or more toenails or fingernails. If the fungal infection is not treated promptly it can spread, penetrating deeper into the nail and causing noticeable aesthetic deformities, such as:
- Brittle, ragged, or crumbling nails
- Thickened and/or dull nail beds
- Shape distortions of the nail
- Darkening or yellowing of the nail
- Pain in the infected fingertips or toes
- Separation of the nail from the nail bed (onycholysis)
About Our Cutting-Edge Laser TechnologyFotona’s ClearSteps™ Onychomycosis Treatment is a simple, yet highly-effective technique that harnesses the power of Nd:YAG laser energy to send penetrating heat evenly throughout the infected nail and skin tissue. This serves to weaken and kill the parasitic fungi causing the nail infection while simultaneously triggering the body’s natural growth and immune processes, which then spring into action to restore the nail to its naturally healthy, beautiful state. ClearSteps™ Onychomycosis Treatment has been shown to produce more lasting results than can be achieved with limited-efficacy topical treatments without causing the side effects typically associated with oral anti-fungal medications. The benefits of these new and improved fungus removal techniques can only be optimized when administered by expert laser technicians with the requisite training and knowledge to safely and successfully employ advanced laser applications, such as the skillful medical team at Rejuvenate Medical Spa, located in Encino, California. As the only practice in the greater Los Angeles area equipped with this cutting edge laser technology, Rejuvenate Medical Spa is the optimal treatment center for patients seeking discrete, prompt, and effective onychomycosis treatment. During your initial consultation, you will receive customized onychomycosis treatment plan that incorporates Fotona’s state-of-the-art laser technology and is designed to safely and efficiently clear up your fungal infection without damaging the surface of your skin.
ProcedureThe ClearSteps™ fungal removal treatment can be completed on an outpatient basis in three quick and easy steps:
- Dr. Farah will file down the infected nail(s), allowing the light energy from the laser to fully penetrate into the affected treatment site.
- Dr. Farah will then administer the Nd:YAG laser pulses in a circular pattern over the entire surface area of the nail—during this step you may feel a slight heating sensation throughout the nail; however, you should not experience any pain or discomfort.
- During the final phase of treatment, Dr. Farah will target the Nd:YAG laser pulses around the perimeter of the nail bed and the skin tissue of the infected finger(s) or toe(s). This step helps to eliminate parasitic fungus that has spread beyond the nail bed and serves to prevent the infection from recurring.